This information taken from NextDoor – See the original post here.
The ten cases listed at the bottom of this message have been filed with the Office of Planning and Development for consideration before the Memphis and Shelby County Board of Adjustment during its regular meeting on Wednesday, August 22, 2018, at 2PM in the Memphis City Council Chambers, 125 N. Main Street. Please provide any comments you may have to the staff planners indicated below by Wednesday, Aug. 15 so they can be incorporated into the staff report.
Please also feel free to provide verbal testimony during the meeting itself. Full applications for these cases may be accessed from this website:
AICP Planning Director/Administrator Memphis and Shelby County Office of Planning and Development
City Hall, 125 N. Main St., Ste. 468
Memphis, Tennessee 38103
1. BOA 18-62: EAST MPHS: height variance for existing Popeye’s sign at 4810 Poplar. Staff Planner: Jeffrey.Penzes@memphistn.gov
2. BOA 18-63: DOWNTOWN: variance to allow the overnight storage of 33 vehicles at ABRA at 296 Adams (correspondence case to BOA 17-55). Staff Planner: Jeffrey.Penzes@memphistn.gov
3. BOA 18-64: CENTRAL GARDENS: setback variances to allow an attached garage to be 3’ from the side and 5’ from the rear property lines at 1521 Linden. Staff Planner: Donald.Jones@memphistn.gov
4. BOA 18-65: EAST MPHS: variance to allow a wall sign for Harris Shelton at 6060 Primacy Pkwy. Staff Planner: Kirstin.Jones@memphistn.gov
5. BOA 18-66: ALCY-BALL: variances to allow the reconstruction of Alcy Elementary at the NW corner of Alcy and Vista. Staff Planner: Staci.Tillman@memphistn.gov
6. BOA 18-67: WHITEHAVEN: use variance to allow for the expansion of Waste Connections at 563 Winchester/621 E Brooks. Staff Planner: Staci.Tillman@memphistn.gov
7. BOA 18-68 CO: BOLTON: variance to allow two lots less than 4 acres at 9484 Millington-Arlington. Staff Planner: Marion.Jones@memphistn.gov (a minor subdivision application will also be required)
8. BOA 18-69: EADS: variances to allow a sign with electronic messaging at Highland Heights Presbyterian Church at 9633 US Hwy 64. Staff Planner: Marion.Jones@memphistn.gov
9. BOA 18-70: HIGHPOINT TERR: setback and lot size variances for two new homes at SE corner of Galloway and Sevier. Staff Planner: Donald.Jones@memphistn.gov (a major subdivision application will also be required)
10. BOA 18-71: EVERGREEN: use variance to allow the structure at 311-315 Stonewall to be re-used as a two-family structure. Staff Planner: Jeffrey.Penzes@memphistn.gov